Friday 15 July 2016

Refashion Friday: The Refashioners 2016!!!

(The Refashioners 2016! image source: Makery)

Ohmygoodness! SUCH exciting times. The Refashioners challenge, brain child of the wonderfully creative Portia, is back this year with a new theme: JEANS. A quick explanation: a selection of amazing sewing bloggers (and me) have been asked to refashion/rework/remake/reinvent some jeans, and their creations will be revealed on Portia's Makery blog throughout August. There is also a community challenge where anyone can submit a jeans refashion, and may well snag an ENORMOUS bounty of sewing-related prizes.


My part in this challenge is pretty much done: I've refashioned my heart out and submitted my blog post and images to Portia. My post will appear with the rest at some point in August, but I'll blog about it and link to it over here once it's gone live in case you'd like to take a look. Obviously, those of us taking part in the blogger challenge are pretty much sworn to secrecy until our posts publish, but I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying that the above three pairs of jeans don't look like that anymore! It's going to be beyond exciting to see what the other bloggers AND THEN the whole damn sewing community come up with. There's going to be some seriously interesting, creative and inspirational projects being shared, of that I have no doubt. The unwanted denim of this world is no longer safe!

What about you? Are you going to be taking part in one form or another this year? Have you refashioned jeans before? What did you make and was it a success? Have you seen any other fabulous jeans refashions IRL or on the interwebs that've inspired you? 

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

So excited about this! I already had some jean reafashion projects planned so I was Thrilled when the theme for this year was announced. Now August can't get here soon enough!

lp said...

Can't wait to see your finished project! I've been having a lot of fun looking at Sherri Lynn Woods' refashioning as well as christijay's on Instagram.

Kathryn said...

Ooh I can't wait to see what you've made! I do love the redfashioners challenge but I've still never taken part, maybe this year!

Mother of Reinvention said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you have come up with, and all the other refashions of course. I really love worn denim. It looks really great when it is a bit distressed. I have a big pile of them that I got to make a jacket. Maybe one day. :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...